Dear Woman of God,
Thank you for taking the time to invest in your marriage. I congratulate you on seeking God for wise counsel and strength. God loves your husband more than you could ever imagine. Regardless of his faults, attitudes or mess-ups, God's love for him will never cease. God's desire is that you see your husband the way He sees him; through the eyes of unconditional love. May I remind you that this kind of love never fails because God never fails.
1Corinthians 13:4-8a gives us a deeper understanding of this love.
- Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.
- It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].
- It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.
- Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].
- Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].
Your love for your husband is a heart (spirit) thing. Confession is a way of expressing what is in a person's heart. The Bible says that it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks. God knows that you love your husband therefore your confession concerning his life is very valuable and strategic. The scriptures remind us that anythng that is conceived out of love will overcome the world. Therefore due to your tremendous love for God and for your husband your prayers and confessions are priceless and powerful.
When you begin to speak God's Word out of your heart and mouth concerning your husband you will experience a greater flow of supernatural love for him. This love will help him be the strong, courageous man of God that he was created by God to be.
The Bible says, Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Proverbs 18:21
The first created woman, Eve, ate the wrong fruit, after speaking the wrong words and then proceeded to feed her husband with the death she had just swallowed. We must be those who feed our husbands good things by speaking God's Word concerning their lives. God's Word will build your husband up, not tear him down.
Woman of God you are of great value to your husband, never under-estimate the power of what you say to him or about him. God is pleased when we say what He says, in faith, about our husbands. God loves you so very much and so do we! Thank you for being a virtuous woman of prayer and a daily expression of true love.