For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Did you know that this scripture was not just for Christmas time? This scripture is so full of redemptive revelation. If you are not just the average casual bible reader you can hear the Spirit of the Lord saying, “Hold on slow down!” when you read that verse. It is so power packed with vital spiritual nutrients that refresh, renew and abundantly fill to the full our inner man.
The bible tells us that when the Spirit of truth would come to the earth and indwell believers that he would reveal the things of Christ to us.
Jesus said, “He will honor and glorify Me, because He will take of (receive, draw upon) what is Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you.” (John 16:14 AMP).
God is glorified when we become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him. In Isaiah 9:6, the Holy Spirit begins to unveil Christ to us, OH HOW WONDERFUL AND SWEET TO RECEIVE REVELATION AT HIS FEET!
His name shall be called Wonderful:
• Jesus so wonderfully healed the sick, raised the dead, cast out devils, went about doing good and preaching and teaching the Word of God. Everything He did was so WONDERFUL!
His Name shall be called Counsellor:
• There is nothing that God doesn’t know. It so comforting to know that we can receive counsel: direction, instruction, insight, know things to come, etc. God is our counselor, Hallelujah!
His Name shall be called The Mighty God:
• Jesus is Mighty to save, deliver, protect. His works are Mighty. His Words are Mighty. His power is Mighty. All power is in His hand, no foe can withstand!
His Name shall be called Everlasting Father:
• He is our everlasting, meaning never ending, Father. Nothing can separate us from His love!
His Name shall be called Prince of Peace:
• Jesus said He gave us His peace because true peace only comes from Him. It’s the real deal that passes all understanding. Jesus is the author of peace, there is no peace with Him.
His name is above every name!